I've been neglecting my blog recently and just putting the bare minimum on it to keep my family happy. (Dad gets upset when new pictures aren't posted.) We've been so consumed with Eric's school stuff that little else has been getting done. Really! You should look at my bathroom right now...not good. My goal is to be a little more active in my posting, especially with my Sarah Grace stories. Stephanie is worried that I'm not recording enough of her cute stuff. She's afraid that we will forget these little quirks that my sweet girl has and the hilarious things that she does. I know Steph is right, so I'm promising myself and my few readers that I will be more diligent in the future. On that note, Christmas is up and going at our house. I spent Sunday night with my mom & sister putting up the trees at my parents house & that was enough to inspire me to get going on my own. I'm a little nervous about my ornaments breaking this year if they are bumped. Our tile flooring is not very forgiving of my precious ornaments. I did drop one while hanging it on the tree, but luckily it bounced a few times and was safe. Unfortunately, I did lose one tonight. Eric bumped the tree while hanging lights in our windows. I was very sad, and he was very apologetic. Sarah Grace has already claimed a snowman ornament that is thankfully plush. I keep finding it around the house. She's pretty sneaky I suppose. I'm also pretty excited about her Fisher Price Nativity Set. She seems to really be enjoying it, although yesterday Mary was MIA and today baby Jesus was lost, but both have since been recovered and our in their places at the stable. I'll have to take a few pictures of our decor and post them for all to see! I'm soooo looking forward to this holiday season and spending time with family. I know Eric is very excited about seeing his parents and tells Sarah Grace everyday that her Nana & Poppa are coming to see her. We definitely have a few things we need to do around the house before we are ready for guest (the bathroom being one of them) but we are counting down the days. I've been trying to collect different ideas from magazines, blogs, and books about how to keep Christ the center of the holiday season. I really want to instill that into my children and I've seen a few that I will probably use this year. If anyone has any suggestions please share, I would love to hear/read them!
I know the pics are blurry, but I thought they were too cute to not post!
I came across these verses this evening and took them to heart. Ephesians 4:29-32
6 comments:
You're right, they are way to cute not to share. Hope everything with Eric's school is going good.
Great blog - tell Eric to throw SG on her back so she doesn't try to catch herself on her arms and get one broken accidentally. Those pictures are delightful!. Sorry to hear about the broken ornament. Maybe we should make you a bigger tree skirt to protect falling ornaments! I loved the scripture, thanks for sharing. I sure need to take that one to heart. Boy are we excited for the next couple weeks to pass- I'm trying not to start packing already!!
I love those pictures they are hilarious. I would love any SG stories you are willing to post. I agree that it is great to post a bunch so you can remember things that happened. I hope all goes well with Eric's school apps.
I'm glad you are finally listening to my suggestions!
That sounds bratty and that's not how I meant it. haha I'm sorry :)
those were great pics! Gracie Girl is so dang cute and sweet! OK and a wild child. In a positive way.
Post a Comment