Voting

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stories

Growing up we always played with my Mom's nativity set. I'm pretty sure she is now missing a piece or two and there may be some chipped animals in the set. Last year, Sarah Grace loved playing with our Nativity. We would find baby Jesus all over the house. I had heard someone talk about, or maybe I read where someone had purchased one of these sets, (Natalie, was it you?). Anyway, I found the Little People set at Target yesterday and went back today to purchase one for me & my Mom also wanted one for her house. Such a good idea!!
Sarah Grace loves to mimic people, she just studies what we do and apparently she has really been watching me with my makeup. Moisturizer anyone?
If Sarah Grace knows that we aren't watching her for two seconds she runs straight to the computer! Even after bath time...cute cheeks huh?!
I didn't do a 21 month post for Sarah Grace because I've been so far behind on all of my blogging...clearly, I still haven't finished Charleston yet. She is such handful these days. She can be super cute one second and driving you crazy the next. I had three people stop me in the store today to tell me how beautiful and cute she is. I agree she is, but the second we turn a corner and she sees candy, she's begging me for it. She reaches out and yells, "mine." Not so cute anymore right? Halloween time is killing us, there is candy all over the place. I've also been doing some Christmas shopping and she does the same thing with toys. The other day she got into the closet with all the presents and threw a fit when I wouldn't let her have them! Such fun right? But she can be super cute and loving. She loves to cuddle and sing and look through books. She is also starting to combine words now, I'm sure people who don't know her have no clue what she's saying, but for the most part we understand her. When we watch her shows, sometimes they ask the kids to pretend like they're flying to help a bird fly faster or something like that, well when I do it with her she politely pushes my arms down and says, "Mom." Apparently I'm embarrassing her! Oh yesterday, she was eating breakfast and got upset with me and chucked her bowl at the wall. I had milk and cereal running down it. I think it took me a few seconds to quit laughing and actually discipline her! I promise she does have her sweet moments, well she's usually sweet all the time with some badness mixed in through out the days, I just failed to really mention her loving moments. Anyway, this post is pretty jumbled, but Sarah Grace is not really letting me type and I mostly wanted to get these thoughts/stories down before I forgot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought that set for our kids 2 years ago and they love it! It was a wonderful investment. I'm glad you found it! I had to buy it online.

Judy said...

Did you invite your daughter to help clean up that cereal/milk mess? What a character. I hope the throwing thing goes away pretty soon, the clean up time would make me crazy! We are counting down the days till we fly.

AdaMandy said...

A lady I worked with in primary had that nativity set. I loved it, but could never find it anywhere. I'll have to run to target. I love the bum pictures, it's adorable. Ha. Gabe hasn't done any throwing yet, but she is starting to get back into kicking and screaming on the floor.(thought we were past it) It's like you said-some days it's almost funny and others you are going crazy. That's toddlers for you I guess.