Voting

Monday, October 19, 2009

Most of Boone Hall Plantation

Spanish Moss which hangs so elegantly from the huge trees. This is a pic of the Oak Tree lined "drive way" in The Notebook you see Noah speeding down it after they break up. Not a very good pic, but I think in a post I had from 3 years ago or so I have a better one. This building is the old Slave quarters, they originally had I think 30, but only 8 or so are still standing. They aren't very big at all and we were told that multiple families would live in them.
If any of yall have ever seen The Notebook, then you have seen this place. That's right, the scene where Allie breaks up with Noah, the lunch with the parents, and well any part of the movie that shows her summer home is Boone Hall Plantation. It's an absolutely beautiful place to visit and they have amazing tour guides that fill you with information.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Dad and I really need to come to SC sometime and see all these places. But by the time that happens you will be sick of going there!

AdaMandy said...

i love the house and those trees! I really is like a scene out of a movie.