Voting

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nivens Farm

Apparently she was ready to go home!
Itchy hay
This is Bubba the calf.
Sarah Grace had a blast jumping on these inner tubes, she would watch the other kids bounce and then would try to bounce as high as they would. * Yes, my pics are tripping out again on blogger. I'm not sure what the deal is!
Saturday morning we got up somewhat early for us and went to the farm. It was definitely more fun this year with Sarah Grace. She was so excited to see the animals and make their sounds. When she sees chickens she now says, "cock-a-doodle-doo" and they are all named Cocky. Go figure. She was running back and forth between the animals, but the baby chicks did frighten her a little. We were able to walk through the pumpkins and Sarah Grace picked a perfect pumpkin for halloween. (Eric & I are cheap and we wait until the day before halloween to buy ours at a church next to our house.) When she first saw all of the small pumpkins she would pick them up and throw them. Luckily no one was around to witness it, but Eric & me! We ended the visit with homemade apple fritters and apple cider. So delicious! Saturday night we were in Columbia for the Carolina/Vanderbilt game, but I guess that will be a completely different post.
*In case yall didn't know, the stress level is pretty high at our house right now. Eric graduates with his masters in 7 weeks and all of his grad apps are due in less than 5. We are running around trying to finish everything up! We have our ward Trunk or Treat on friday, saturday is halloween plus Carolina vs. Tennessee. I haven't made Sarah Grace's costume yet, Eric has to make chili and I have to make a pie for friday night. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get everything done!

3 comments:

AdaMandy said...

What a fun little farm. I love fall time at farms. I'm jealous of your cider-that's so yummy. I love the pics of her standing on the fence, and that she was chucking pumpkins. Ha. Good luck with all of your busy school apps-sounds crazy!

Anonymous said...

I bet the people at Nivens Farm thought a little tornado came threw, nope, just Sarah Grace!!!

Katrina said...

I think that picture of eric with gracie just sitting down makes him look like dad. something about the face. looks like lots of fun.