Voting

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boo at the Zoo!

Dancing the night away to the Monster Mash! The goats mouth was a little too close for comfort for me...but the child loves animals! Not a great picture, but you can see her on the "haunted" carousel! I always over do it with the pictures, but I really can't limit myself. Most of these pictures are look alike, but they are all different in some way... So we braved the cold air and went to Boo at the Zoo last night. My youngest brother Will went down with us and we met up with Stephanie at her apartment in Columbia. The zoo looked so cute! They had lights everywhere, mazes, music playing, animals out, flashing images on rocks, trick or treat stations, a carousel, hot chocolate, and even a fire pit to roast marshmallows. I'm almost positive Sarah Grace was the cutest one there and everyone kept coming up to us and telling us how adorable she was. Yes I do say this all the time, but I honestly can't even walk into the grocery store without being stopped and I brag about her to make up for my lack of talents, etc, etc... She didn't quite get the whole trick or treating thing, which I wouldn't expect her to, but she loved looking at the animals and all of the lights. She even got to take a ride on the "haunted" carousel! We had fun goofing off and posing with all of the animals and Eric and Will have fun with all of the props! We ended the visit with a trip over to the dance party which SG got into! Her new favorite thing is dancing and its seriously the funniest and most darling thing ever.  After the zoo we headed over to a Mexican Restaurant where we cleared our plates. Oh how I love mexican food! At about 9:30 we had to go back to Steph's apartment to change Sarah Grace into her sleeper for the car ride home. We parked and headed in, and Eric was not even in the apartment for 3 minutes when he had to run out to grab something from the car only to find it hooked up to a tow truck. Apparently we were not in a visitors parking stall, but a very crappily marked unit stall. Luckily he got the car back and we made it home before midnight... but that could have been really bad! Sarah Grace also got to indulge in some of her candy...ok, just one lollipop and she loved it. The blue mess on her face was pretty cute too but I don't think she liked the stickiness, she kept opening and closing her hands like it was really bothering her!
Overall we had a good time and will definitely be doing it again next year, but maybe with Jacob too! Sorry Jakie Bear!  We are looking forward to pumpkin carving tonight and Trunk or Treat on friday. Oh and for Halloween pictures from Sarah Grace's favorite cousin! 

3 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like a fun place to hang out. I am so glad SG is growing up around dogs so she won't be afraid of animals. The goat looked very interested. Did SG love the carousel?

Summers Family said...

Sarah Grace is adorable! I love the tutu! The zoo looked like so much fun. We went trick or treating at Hogle zoo last Saturday and it was packed! Poor Jack only got like 5 pieces of candy. We miss you guys!

Katrina said...

its a good thing eric caught the tow truck! that would have been really bad. you guys say you braved the cold, now how could it really have been? maybe for gracie, but you guys lived here for how long? c'mon danni. oh, p.s. your hair is really cute in these pics. i cant ever rock the side braid thing.