Voting
Thursday, October 7, 2010
I'm leaving this one untitled, they can't all be "recents."
We moved the kitchen table into the house last night. It did receive a little bit of damage trying to squeeze in the door from the garage, but nothing that a cute Anthropologie table cloth can't hide. (Please Eric?!!) We had our first meal around the dinner table last night. I'll admit it felt kinda weird, but we really enjoyed it. Sarah Grace keeps telling me that she loves the "New House." I think she just likes the fact that she can run around and hide from us. Not fun for me, we've had several freak out moments where we can't find her. Let's just say she knows how to open storm doors, even if they're locked. I know people keep asking for before and after pics, but I don't have any after yet. Nothing is finished! Of course I'm saying finished and what I probably should be saying is acceptable. Homes are never quite finished are they?! My sister has her fall break next week and although she doesn't know it yet, she will be coming home and helping me peel wallpaper or paint these hideous brown cabinets. I need some progress people. We are finally starting to figure out what all of the light switches control, I personally think someone may have been "high" when wiring the place. If you ever come to visit you will see why. Speaking of visits I'm super excited to have my Aunt Melda come out to visit us next month. We have some shopping to do and I have a few small projects that I need her help with! I seriously can't wait, plus when we go out to eat she always pays. I hope you see that Melda and Jo! Maybe someday I'll have some pictures, the living room is the closest to being done and then Eric's office will take priority over some of the other rooms. Lots of exciting things going on around here, Eric and I have already decided that Christmas to each other will be small this year. I think all of our Christmas budget is being spent now on improvements. Anyway, we have a busy weekend ahead of us, friday I'm swamped with activities and Eric has to work. Saturday is football day and I can't wait. It's going to be a Black Out in the hot Columbia sun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can title it whatever you want, I'm just glad to read what's going on with you guys. I love that you are slowly but surely getting things done. It's officially a home if beds are slept in, and you've eaten at a table as a family. Hurray! I think that is freaky SG hides from you in the house. Our rental is tiny and I freak if I can't find Gabe. I can't imagine. I hope that you get some help with your house projects. I wish I lived closer, I'd help.
I was gonna tell you SG looks like such a big girl in the previous post's pictures. I say that a lot though, so I figured you wouldn't care to read it again. It still surprises me every time I see her. Her hair looks adorable, and so do her size ten feet in those shoes.
Black Out, didn't you mean to say Blow Out ?
what the heck! When it comes time to pay it is like a ghost town around the the register!
Post a Comment