Voting

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween is around the corner











Fall has arrived here at our house. Our leaves in the front yard are turning a bright red and some are starting to fall already. We've got our scary halloween trees out front, a witch mat at the door, and hay stacked with cute pumpkins. This year I let Sarah Grace get some of those cheesy cling ons for the kitchen window and her bedroom window. No one can see them unless they're in our backyard so I was ok with it. She loved putting them up and loves watching the bright colors appear on the floor during the afternoon. Poor Sarah Grace won't be able to go trick or treating or to our ward Trunk or Treat party this year. Carolina is home against Tennessee so we'll be at the game. I feel pretty guilty about this, however Eric and I are taking her to Boo at the Zoo on Saturday and she'll still go to Niven's Farm on Monday to pick out her very own pumpkin and of course carve it! To be honest I don't think I'm even going to buy her a Halloween costume. All she ever wants to do is be a "cheerleader" so I may just put her in the Carolina outfit she has and call it good. I know, I'm a slacker, but I honestly think she'll be as happy as a clam. In other news, her potty training went awesome. It seriously took the weekend and  she was done. She had one accident that first saturday and that was pretty much it. I guess it makes a HUGE difference if you wait till they're ready and not you! Yesterday we were at Lowe's and she told me she had to potty so of course I took her to the restroom. I decided since we were in there I'd go ahead and go too. Sarah Grace looked at me and said, "Good Job Mommy!" I was proud of myself too! haha We got a pretty good laugh out of that one! She's constantly making us laugh or pull our hair out. She's seriously hilarious, but I guess I should have expected that! I'll try my hardest to get all of our halloween celebrations up for yall to enjoy! 

4 comments:

Melda said...

What a cute pumpkin face girl!

Katrina said...

yay! more pictures! she is a cutie. i'm thinking about taking ainslee to boo at the zoo here in boise. she doesnt have a costume either, but she does have a cute halloween onesie.
here's a funny potty story to go with yours- my niece savannah (lives in georgia) had to go to the bathroom when they were on their drive from utah to idaho a few weeks ago (we were all having a reunion for steve's grandma's 90th). my sister-in-law took her in and also decided to use the restroom while in there. savannah's comment was "its a good think i brought you in here mom!"
arent these little ones so adorable?!

Judy said...

Thanks for the new pictures. You need to give us some more!

AdaMandy said...

She'll make a very cute cheerleader, and I think that's awesome if that's what she wants to be. It's so nice you already have it. Ollie is wearing Gabe's old hoodie and sweats that have a skeleton on them. They are a little big, but costumes are expensive, and we're all about recycling this year.
She makes such a cute cat in these pictures too. I love them, and her new hair cut. It sounds like you guys have some fun activities planned. We don't have a zoo here to go to. :( so I'm jealous.The potty story made me laugh. I love the things kids say at this age.