Voting

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A night in the garden










Eric & I have been putting off working in our garden for a couple of weeks now. Monday night we finally decided to get to work. I purchased several plants a couple of weeks ago that were probably going to die soon if not put in the ground.  We lost several bushes back there when the car drove through, thankfully the car didn't damage our raspberry bush or our strawberries which are spreading like crazy. Eric with the help of Sarah Grace turned the soil up and planted two large hydrangea bushes and two azalea bushes. We also got our blueberry plant back in the ground. Once the temperatures stop dropping at night we'll plant tomatoes and other veggies in front of them. We're pretty excited about all of our little plants and our new patio. Sarah Grace has her own little watering can and loves to get up early and go out and water them. Unfortunately now that everything is in the ground she comes out really dirty! Oh well, I guess I'll have to get over the mess, I can't say much because I know I used to make mud pies!  Maybe I'll post some pictures in a few weeks of the back when everything is in, the front of our house isn't too exciting is mostly just shrubbery and some potted and hanging plants. But I am thrilled that my gladiolus are popping back up!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the gardening pictures! Sarah Grace looks like a little girl! It kinda makes me sad. In the last picture, I think she looks a lot like you. It's cute! Good luck with all of the new plants! :)

Katrina said...

I wish I could have a garden! I just want something small... technically I can have something here, but it has to be in a pot, not in the ground. And, last time I tried that with flowers.... I killed them. Not to mention we're moving in June, so I wont even get to grow much! Ah well. Cute pics! Keep Sarah Grace working with that green thumb!

Judy said...

There's nothing like getting dirty in the flowerbeds. I love doing it - on my own time. It's so relaxing. Just don't tell me I have to or I'll hate it. Great fun pictures.

Melda said...

I love working in the garden so much, but I am so busy between now and mid June I guess I will just put everything in later! You look so darling Sarah Grace! Aunt Nanni misses you so much!