Voting

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sugar free! ....Well sort of...

I decided the other day that I was going off of sugar. That's it, I'm done! Well, I'm allowing myself exceptions, you know birthdays, a weekly indulgence, and maybe fun activities. A couple of weeks ago I officially ended my love affair with soda, well diet soda, the first week was pretty hairy, but I think I'm in control now and being tempted less and less. Eric has also decreased his intake dramatically. Not by choice though, he seems to be getting major acid reflux after he drinks it. (I'm secretly glad!) Tonight I asked him to join me in this new little challenge. I think it's kind of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Wish us luck! Oh....maybe we can even start using that gym membership that we are paying for every month. Wouldn't that be nice?!

4 comments:

Judy said...

I need more motivation to get off sugar. I do pretty well for a while and then it just starts calling my name! Good luck.

Stephanie said...

Well I give you props for saying you're going off of sugar. But the only exceptions you listed as when you'll allow yourself sweets is the only time you ever really eat them anyway! You're so funny. I wouldn't be surprised if you started eliminating meat as well or maybe all things orange or brown.

AdaMandy said...

I think that would be a hard thing to do. I like to have something sweet here and there. Good luck with your goals!

Katrina said...

my sweet tooth rules my life it seems like. lately ive been lots better about not eating it, but i dont think i could leave it completely. we have 2 big things of ice cream left over from a family gathering though, and i have only had 2 dishes! and that was like a week ago! however, the half of a cake left over... well thats another story.