Voting

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gamecock Country

The capital building has random stars on it, the stars mark where cannon balls hit the building during Sherman's march through the south! For black friday this year we went down to Columbia! My sister had to go back and work a lame 4 hour shift, so we took that as an opportunity to do some shopping and show CJ our capital! My dad drove us all down and the boys purchased a few fun things at the mall that Steph works at. Then I think we hit almost every Carolina bookstore imaginable.  I'm almost positive that CJ was amazed by all of the Gamecock stuff he was surrounded by. I think he even gave in and bought a sticker and t-shirt! Afterwards we hit a local burger/chicken joint and scarfed down yummy fried foods. Before we had to pick up Stephanie though we drove by the baseball stadium, football stadium, and the capital building. We all walked around and took tons of pictures while Sarah Grace slept. Too much shopping for her I guess! It was a lot of fun and I know Eric really enjoyed having CJ around and so did the rest of us! 

1 comment:

AdaMandy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love that that building has so much history to it. How fun to have him there. Sarah Grace looks so big in your Dad's arms. I can't believe she'll be one here soon!