Christmas morning!
A BYU shirt from her Poppa, she was a little embarrassed so she covered it up after the loss! haha, Thank you!
I loved this onesie, so cute and Michele everyone LOVED the dress, she looked so darling in it! I will get a pic up at once!
Its tradition in my family, to get a big rosy kiss from Santa on Christmas night, it looks like he didn't disappoint! Eric also made sure that we had all of the essentials for a Fluke Christmas also. It has been fun combining the traditions. Judy, I have a little bell that you gave me that was part of your old Christmas decor, the bow is a little hashed now, but Eric insisted on putting it up. He said as a kid thats what made it feel like Christmas & Sarah Grace has loved walking around with it!
Christmas 2008 started out a little chaotic! I got up around 5 am to defrost my cinnamon rolls and by 7 am I was up a patiently watching them rise. I decided to go ahead and start making the frosting and somewhere between not hearing well over the phone and my delusion at the lack of sleep, I completely managed to add WAY too much milk. In a panic I called my grandma who lives right down the street, she did not have any powdered sugar, but was looking up other recipes for me. I went ahead and started to bake them and my mom ended up frosting them when we brought them over....in the meantime Eric told me I was ruining Christmas in my panic. I don't think he understood how much effort I had put into them. Anyway, Sarah Grace had a blast going through her stocking and opening all of her presents. She loved ripping through everything and really enjoyed a horse that we got her, at one point she climbed on the box! So cute! Santa also brought her a musical sea horse that has been her sidekick ever sense. But it seems like her favorite gifts are always books. Thank you Nana! After a while of opening presents, (its slow going with Gracie) we got a call from my family begging us to come over. Apparently they had been staring at the tree for quite some time and were all dying for the cinnamon rolls. We spent a good little while opening gifts over there, eating, and later playing football and board games! It was perfect, we had so much fun, the night ended with Eric & my mom making homemade pizza! We have decided that Cinnamon rolls and pizza are now a must on Christmas! ... Thank you everyone for the gifts, you were all too kind and generous!
4 comments:
haha, Weston got the same "who needs santa" onesie as well! oh,and by the way, and her little laugh is so stinking cute!!!
i'm impressed you tended to 40 cinnamon rolls. i can barely tend a little over 12. and the frosting isnt nearly as important as the rolls themselves, so dont worry about that part.
I am also impressed. I love the kiss from Santa, so cute! The pajama tradition is fun as well. Glad you guys had a good Christmas! Thanks for spoiling us with all the fun goodies.
I'm thinking I need to jump a size on her next t-shirts. She is growing up and I lose track of what size she is these days. I'm so proud of you for making the sweet rolls. They must have been a huge success since your family wants it to become a tradition!
Post a Comment