Voting

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holiday Weekend
















We had a wonderful holiday weekend, in fact it seemed like we were doing something fun everyday. Friday afternoon we took Sarah Grace to see Toy Story 3. It was her first time going to a movie theater. We were a little nervous about how she would do, but there was no need to be. She did great! The last 10 minutes or so she started to get a little restless, so we just let her stand in front of her chair and that seemed to help. For any of yall that haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It was hilarious and by far my favorite of the three! Saturday evening we met up with a couple of friends that I work with for Red, White, & Boom. It's a big fireworks show in our town. We brought our camping chairs and ate fair food while we listened to patriotic songs played by a jazz band. Sarah Grace loved running around with all of the kids and waving her flag. When it came time for the fireworks I was worried that she would freak it, but she did great. I would have her name the colors as they burst in the air. She seemed to be in awe of them, but who isn't right?! On the walk back to the car I found a baby bird in the parking garage, long story short we've been taking care of it along with the clinic I work at for the past few days. Yesterday the wildlife rescue came and picked it up. Hallelujah, boy was that a lot of work! I never want to be a mother bird again! Sunday was pretty low key with the family and monday we grilled out. Amazing steak and chicken, the hotdogs weren't half bad either. Today is my sisters birthday, so the festivities just keep going! Happy late 4th everyone!




*Just as a side note, saturday night after Red, White, & Boom we came home and bathed Sarah Grace. She was covered in grass and ice cream. Afterwards I chopped her hair off! It was driving me crazy, she had these beautiful curls, but her top layer of hair is straightish. So, I cut her hair into a darling little bob! Its precious, I suppose I need to get some pics up of it!

1 comment:

AdaMandy said...

It looks like you guys had a nice holiday. I love the ice cream pic, nothing better to be eating on that day. I'm glad she liked liked the fireworks, it makes it more fun than a freaked out child that's for sure.
It's good to hear Toy Story was good, Adam and I have been wanting to take Gabe to it. We'll have to check it out. Can't wait to see pics of her hair, I bet it's adorable.