Time Out for Women
This past weekend my mom & I went down to Columbia for Time Out for Women! Stephanie met us there and we had so much fun! We had a pretty good turnout from our ward and we ran into so many people that I haven't seen in years! The music was inspiring, the talks were even better. It's nice to get away sometimes and have your "well filled up again" as they kept putting it. I think LDS women are brilliant, especially the ones that we heard from. These women were educated, raised/raising beautiful families, and most of them had careers on the side. Wow! The speakers really were encouraging the women to not try and do it all and to focus on the basics and your family. I think I soaked up a good bit in between the giggling with my mom & sister. But it is hard sitting still for that many hours, the breaks were definitely appreciated. We spent friday night at my sisters apartment and had the activities all day on saturday, mixed in with lunch at Five Guys. So Good! Eric had Sarah Grace for a day and a half with the help of my brothers/Dad! He did an excellent job. I slept horribly friday night and apparently Eric & Sarah Grace did too. I made it pretty easy for Eric though, I left notes all around the house, laid out all of her clothes, bath stuff, meals, meds, I tried to make it as easy for him as possible. During saturdays activities I did get this text message from him & I feel like I need to share it, "She pulled all the baby wipes and books out and dvd's, and then put her babies in the dishwasher." I got a pretty good chuckle from that, it's always nice for Eric to see how hard I work everyday taking care of our little one! We got back saturday evening and had a crowd of people/dogs running outside to greet us. Eric was holding Sarah Grace and she was squirming to get down. Once he put her down she took off running and ran right by me and went straight for Stephanie! How lovely! Then Scout came tearing out the door and ran to my mom. haha...no one ran to me...maybe that should tell me something! Anyway, Thank you Rachel for giving us this opportunity to gather as friends and learn new things and be enlightened!
5 comments:
how FUN! that sounds like something I'd love to do with my mom and sisters too. i love that s.g. put her babies in the dishwasher. that is FUNNY!
Was she going to give those babies a shower? I'm glad you got some time to refresh your spirit.
Too bad no one got any sleep though.
Okay, you and Stephanie are seriously twins, separated by age. Wow!! How fun to get away for a little bit. :) I always wanted to be the fly on the wall when the hubby's in charge, would probably have quite a few laughs! :)
That's so cool you got to go to that. I've always thought it'd be a neat thing. I love that you got to go with your mom and sister, that makes even better. Sarah Grace is a so funny, ah she makes me laugh.
looks like fun! Even if you left erock with the little one he needs it to. Miss you guys
Post a Comment