Voting

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy 16 months Gracie!

* I usually try to look half way decent before leaving my house, but in my defense I didn't go anywhere yesterday and I've had a horrible cold all week! *She discovered an extra collar in the yard and decided it was her jewelry!
I've recently become horrible at posting all the things I want to put on my blog & especially at Sarah Grace's monthly "birthdays."  On the 11th my little baby turned 16 months, I can hardly believe she is almost a year and a half. I think this is the time that most moms are starting to consider another one...not me, I'm still trying to figure out this one!  Sarah Grace is honestly amazing, I can't believe how much she changes everyday and how quickly she picks up on things.  Her vocabulary is really starting to grow and so are the tantrums...lucky me!  I love lying in bed with her and watching her poke out her full rosy lips while she dreams, I love to trace the outline of her face and feel that perfect baby skin, I love to examine her arms and legs at night and look at all of her new bruises/scrapes.  It seems like she is changing into a little girl so quickly, but she is still very much a baby & I see the baby in her every time she wants to cuddle or pulls her arms up to be held and snuggled with.  Raising her is the greatest thing, I truly love being at home with her, but I can also say that it is by far the most challenging thing I have ever done!  Thank you Grace for giving me some adventure in my life!
At 16 months she is:
*One word...crazy...just busy, busy, busy
*So loving...kissing, cuddling, hugging
*The proud owner of 7 teeth, two still in the process of des-
cending and one molar that just showed up one day!
*Has now added cow and duck sounds to her list of animal
noises.
*says grandma & grandpa along with I love you, Scout, and
several other new words to her growing list.
*Loves to run from me...it's a game that is her favorite.
*Is obsessed with toothbrushes, it's to the point where I
don't even let her go into bathrooms anymore because
she cries till you give her one. I can't tell you how many
nights she has fallen asleep with a toothbrush in her hand.
*Still loving her babies, she is such a good little mother.
*Climbing everything, chairs, trying to climb over the couch,
I've even caught her on top of the kitchen table, she even
pushes chairs around to help her climb! yikes...
*She loves to smell flowers when she sees them.
*Likes to be outside, especially in the garden, I've had
to watch her around my tomatoes...I know she is just
dying to yank them off!
*She likes to empty out all of her toy boxes and then put
everything back in.
*Brushes her hair & her teeth.
*Tries to eat raw potatoes and peppers if I'm not watching
*Reorganizes the dvd's on a daily basis.
*Loves to watch/listen to her disney princess sing along
*A dancing queen and loves to sing if others are.
*A show off
*She likes to stand in the yard and wave bye to cars as they
pass her.
*Steals my jewelry and make up
*Puts her shoes on and off
*Still drinking formula...I can't believe she still likes the stuff..
*Just a joy to be around!

3 comments:

AdaMandy said...

I love that she falls asleep with her toothbrush. That's adorable. She says I love you? That has got to be the greatest thing to hear. She really is growing to a little girl so fast. I can't believe she's climbing that slide and standing on tables. No wonder she keeps you on your toes.

Katrina/Steve said...

what a busy bee! gotta love her though. let me know if she needs some jewelry of her own. :) ok, mostly i just want to make more. hehe her next word should be trina. work on it.

Judy said...

My grown up baby girl! She sounds like a delightful handful. I didn't notice Nana on your list - when are you going to teach her how to call me on ichat by herself. I need to see more of her.