Voting

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The beginnings of the beach






































I know I've been slow getting these pictures up, I just haven't really felt like blogging. It's kind of turned into a chore for me and no one likes chores right?! I'm hoping I'll start feeling a little more inspired in the next couple of months. Anyway a few weeks ago we had our family beach trip. All of my Dad's side of the family come down from up north for a week of lounging around the pools, playing in the waves, and visiting in the evenings. I love it! Since Eric & my Dad had both started new jobs they weren't able to be with us for the entire week. My Dad came down on wednesday and Eric was there sunday-tuesday and then friday-sunday. The nights we had all the boys there were pretty snug in our hotel suite, but we managed. Sarah Grace had a blast! She absolutely loved the ocean and swimming. I've been meaning to get her into swimming lessons the last couple of summers, but to be honest at her age they don't really teach much, mostly survival techniques for the babies. Don't get me wrong, those are extremely important, but this girl is a fish and needs to be swimming.  Sarah Grace was fearless when it came to the ocean and would run in and out of the waves as much as she could. She spent her mornings on the beach building sand castles and playing with my cousins kids. Afternoons were at the pools, eating, and napping. I'm hoping that I can figure out how to load videos, we have several cute ones of her!




I have tons of pictures left to post so sorry, you're gonna get a lot of them.

3 comments:

AdaMandy said...

I love the pics. It's nice to see some from the trip that we've heard about. I love that SG is such a water girl. It definitely makes time at the beach worth it. She looks like she had a blast. I love that she isn't afraid to play in the waves. It sounds like such a fun family tradition for you and your fam, I'm glad you guys get to do it.

Travis Laurel said...

woo! woo! Steph lookin a little naked there! ha!

Stephanie said...

Haha I know I look naked! I didn't think about that when I was taking the picture. I took off the strap of my bathing suit for my tan although no one sees my shoulders anyway.

I think my favorite picture of the beach is with Sarah Grace and
Audra walking hand and hand. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I wish we could go back there! I love the beach!