Voting

Friday, November 13, 2009

Playing in leaves

I think this picture is my new favorite.
Thanks to Hurricane Ida, we've had some chilly and wet weather come our way. Tuesday, Sarah Grace and I locked ourselves up in the house all day. We mostly cuddled, watched movies, and read books, but on wednesday we ventured into the gloomy weather. It was really breezy and leaves and pine needles were falling all around us. But it was fun playing outside in the misty cold. Sarah Grace is obsessed with her rain boots and she loved playing in them and didn't take them off until it was time to go to bed. I'm pretty fond of mine too and in fact, I also left mine on till bed time! I was mostly glad we were able to enjoy a bit of the fall air before it warms up again and then takes a turn for the worst and our cold winter begins. Have you ever spent a winter in the south? We may not get very much snow, but the humidity makes for a nasty cold bite.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! It's nasty in the winter! I much prefer the feet of powder in Utah, as annoying as it can be at times, over the piercing cold of Maryland. We living in our wellies here too! Cute pics!

Judy said...

Cute boots but I would think they wouldn't be too comfortable in the house, no bend in the ankle. Tough to curl up on the couch too.Love the smiles.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Grace sure was proud of her boots. She looked like a little doll.

Travis Laurel said...

Looks like you guys are ready for a day in Alaska on the boats!! I think I'll follow S.G and get some boots for next summer. What do you think my boss will say to Miss Kitty? I think it's great!! ha!

AdaMandy said...

I haven't spent a winter in the south actually. :) I don't envy that cold though. I love the boots they are so cute! I love playin in the leaves! It's the best-cute pics!

Stephanie said...

I love pics! Fall is definitely my favorite time of the year. I love the colors of the leaves. I wish I could have been there to play and lay around. I will be home for good in a few weeks! :)