Voting

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All with my favorite girl...

Did I forget to mention that I kissed those cheeks & lips at least a dozen times today?!
This morning I slept in till 9:30, most mornings Grace lets me do this.  We had a lazy morning around the house eating our breakfast, reading books, and watching a little Barney.  Grandpa came over and did some painting in the kitchen while we watched.  Sarah Grace & I then invited ourselves to tag along with him to Walmart.  We just strolled along behind him as he placed items in the shopping buggy.  Gracie and I hit Home Depot afterwards to pick up some paint and while walking up and down each aisle dreaming of home improvements, we realized we were starving.  Once I had my precious daughter in the car seat, I caught a glimpse of Bojangles.  Yes, perfect, fried chicken it is!  We got a table close to the fountain drinks and ate our mashed potatoes and biscuit quite happily.  A long nap shortly followed, well,  Grace slept and I painted, mixed in with a little computer/magazine time.  Eric came home from work and we gave him kisses as we left for the gym.  I worked out and sweated in a very non lady like fashion as Sarah Grace played in the child care center.  We later ran through a down pour of cold rain and made our way to Target where a cherry icee was sucked down by a very cute girl I know.  A trip to Blimpie, where the owners fell in love with my girl and a family dinner on the living room couch rounded up the early evening.  At a very inconvenient time I decided to pick a fight with Eric and then take a hot shower to calm myself down.  One time through the princess movie and a coat of paint later, Eric joined us downstairs.  All was forgiven and my walls are now a new fresh color.  The night ended with me watching my two favorite people cuddle in bed together.  I love perfect days like this!
*As a side note, we usually don't eat out, it was just one of those days where it seemed ok.

5 comments:

Judy said...

It doesn't sound like a totally relaxing day if you were painting. What color and which room?

AdaMandy said...

A 9:30 morning would make my day automatically perfect I think. How nice to have a day where stresses are limited, and you can enjoy family.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of Sarah Grace. She is such a sweetheart!

Katrina said...

steve wont let me paint my house. ive been pestering him about it every now and then. maybe at the next apartment. glad you had a wonderful day!

Melda said...

love those duck lips!