Voting

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quick Review of New Years and Resolutions

I still haven't taken five seconds to purchase more space yet, but it's on my list of things to do, along with cleaning out the garage. Since I'm still missing the events of Christmas Day, I figured I'd go ahead and skip to New Years. Eric was supposed to have the night off, but once he remembered that he'd get time and a half he got back on for the night. Early that evening we went over to my parents for a tailgate style dinner and watched the Carolina bowl game. Half way through Eric had to leave for work and my brothers also left to go to friends houses. By 11 the game was over and Sarah Grace and I headed home. At midnight we watched the ball drop, I gave her a kiss, we called Eric, and then got in bed. I know, exciting right? New Years Day I worked, Eric slept and went to a baptism, and we had our Traditional New Years Dinner of black eyed peas, Collard Greens, hog jowls, and Turkey. Delicious, I'm positive that I now have a year of love, luck, and money ahead of me! For the past week I've been making my list of New Years resolutions. I have to admit that I've never been a fan of them, but the past couple of years I've made a few and to be quite honest I'm not sure how great I've been at them. This is the year for change. I'm so excited about my list. It's pretty evenly spread with family, spiritual, personal, career, and financial goals. I love reading other peoples resolutions and hearing about their progress. I'm hoping if I post them on my blog and around my house I will be reminded of my goals!
   


                      Goals for 2011


-Have FHE every week. No exceptions! 
-Eat more fish. I know this one may seem silly, but Eric and I both love it and its soooo good for you. After I saw the selection at Trader Joe's my mind was set. Less red meat and poultry, more Fish! 
-Budget, Budget, Budget. 
-Create a garden at our new house and let it thrive. Thriving is going to be the challenging part. I'm great at killing plants! You should see my sun room. It's like a burial ground for plants. "The Fluckiger's Sun room, where plants come to die."
-Start a meal exchange group.
-Complete 1 Sewing project a month.
-Become a hard core couponer.
-Spend Date Nights at the gym together! Thanks Aubrie for the super cute idea. I loved this one on your highlights of 2010 list!


These are the biggest ones, the rest are a little too personal. I'm so excited to start them. Happy New Year everyone!





6 comments:

AdaMandy said...

Well atleast you got to spend some of the night with Eric. I always have intentions to watch the ball drop, but we are lame and hardly ever stay up.
Your new goals sound awesome. You have some fun ones. Good luck with them, and I can't wait to hear how some of them go.

Judy said...

I think you have very reasonable resolutions. I am just a little concerned about the fish part. Could you at least have a little chicken in the house for me to eat next week. Dad would love the fish. . .

Wendy said...

I am not a hard core couponer, but I am pretty committed. It drives Jacob crazy, but it does save us some money! Good luck! A website that I use is http://www.southernsavers.com/

Travis Laurel said...

I don't set many resolutions it sets me up for failure. I stick with one or two a year.
I heard on the raido; though, the more people women tell their resolutions to the more motivation they have to accomplishing it. I guess it makes sense. If I were to tell my ward on fast sunday that I wanted to loose weight. I don't think I'd ever get up in front of that pulpit again until I was skinner. I wouldn't want my whole ward knowing I failed.

Katrina said...

i have a few resolutions myself. i'll have to post them on my blog so i have better commitment.
great plans danni. good luck!

The Smyth Family said...

I LOVE all of your resolutions!! I wish you lived closer -- I would totally do all of those with you! One of our goals is a family trip this year.... I told Hayden we should check out South Carolina to see if he would want to go to Med School out there. Keep your fingers crossed ;)