Voting
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Christmas Shopping
I feel like I can officially start my Christmas shopping now that Halloween is over with. I've done a little bit already, I find the sooner I start the better it is on the budget. However, this year I'm drawing a blank when it comes to a lot of people. Like Sarah Grace for instance, the girl doesn't need anything, but wants everything. She has pretty much circled everything in the big toy books that all the stores send out. I definitely don't want to over do it either. So tough. The weather has been getting chillier around here and I love it. I can wear my Uggs now and not look dumb, we can drink hot chocolate, and we have already had several fires in our fireplace. Let me tell ya, I love hearing the crackling sound of a fire, but my downstairs stinks. I hate it! The smell makes me want to puke. I'm trying very hard to convince Eric that we need gas logs. He's only slightly budging. If he doesn't cave then I'm afraid the fires inside the house are going to stop. Sorry Eric! Trust me, it smells like ash. Not the warm vanilla that I'm trying to get my house to smell like!! Anyway I have some fun pictures of Sarah Grace playing in our leaves that I want to get up and one of these days it will happen. But for now my Aunt is in town and we just have too much going on! Did I mention that Sarah Grace got her first pair of Uggs on Saturday! Oh my heck they're precious and I'm not talking fake knock off shoes, I mean legit Uggs. Girl is warm and styling now! I hope yall have fun Christmas shopping, I know I will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Pretty sure we have you guys for Christmas this year, so any ideas pass my way. I'll do the same for you guys.
Glad you're getting underway... I'm super stumped!
The type of wood you are burning makes a huge difference in what the fire smells like. You might try some variety of wood before you totally ban the fires. Gas logs just aren't the same. . . Believe me I know. Wood fireplaces can also be used in the case of emergencies too. But maybe this year you will need to hold off on the fires. Next year might be different.
Have you checked to see if your chimney is causing any of that smell too? Just a suggestion. I'd hate to have to quit the wood fires, if there was an option that is.
Post a Comment