Voting

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Go Cocks!...and Utes!

I absolutely love the fall. Its by far my favorite time of year. I love the changing leaf colors, fairs, sweaters & hoodies, pumpkins,Halloween, Thanksgiving....my list could go on forever. But my most  favorite thing about fall is that its FOOTBALL Season!! This past thursday we headed down to our states capital to go see our Gamecocks play NC State! I was a little nervous going down with Sarah Grace, but I really wanted her to go. My first football game was also a Carolina & NC State game, I was about 5 months I think. Anyway, she looked so adorable with her big bow and cheerleading outfit. She honestly did so well, she slept through the 1st and most of the 4th quarters. I was worried the loud cheering and blasting sounds would scare her, but she was a trooper and loved every minute of it. I think we got about a million compliments on how adorable she looked! We ended up winning 34 to 0! Kind of one sided towards the end, but a win is a win! 
I thought I would throw in a few pics from the tailgating and after the game! It was about 12:30 when the game ended and 2:30 when we got home. I had to drive because Eric was working a 16 on friday and had to be in at 7am. I don't think I've ever gripped the wheel so tightly before, I did plenty of singing to stay  awake and mostly just watched my dads car in the rear view. Did I mention that I hate night driving?!
*You will notice a few pictures with a guy in an orange shirt. After the game , Will wanted a picture holding Gracie with the stadium in the background. This random drunk guy saw her and saw that I was taking a picture and thought he should join in! haha, I didn't really know what to do and neither did Will, so we just took the pics! A few minutes later I looked over at the port o johns (sp) and apparently they were occupied because he was urinating in the bushes. I only wish a got a snapshot of that, but I thought it would be slightly inappropriate to post!
**Oh and I do look horrible, but in my defense it was after midnight, It was humid as ever and I had been lugging around an 18 pound baby. Yes, she is almost  8 months and 18lbs and though she may look like a chunky monkey she is only in the 50th percentile for her weight!

4 comments:

The Neales said...

I can't believe football season is already here! I LOVE Grace's cute little cheerleading outfit! Shes such a doll!

Jennifer said...

Looks like yall had lots of fun at the game. I watched it on tv. GO GAMECOCKS! 34-0. Sarah Grace looked so cute in her little outfit. Sounds like she did pretty good..

Katrina said...

cute cute! i wish i had had a buddy to drive home with yesterday... ah well, be grateful for what you do have, right? safety.

AdaMandy said...

I just LOVE football Go Gamecocks!! and Wolf Pack we need it Texas Tech is coming to town thats a huge game for us. Opening day for the NFL is finally here!!